Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We Did It


Well, we managed to get up there again. My dad's brother and his wife came along for the ride too. I know that they weren't ready for that one. They're in their 90's and it's a good ride. We stayed over night on the way there, so it wasn't to bad, I hope. I don't know if they'll feel like coming along next year though. I hope so, because my uncle whittled little wooden letter openers and dated them. Maybe I can get a collection going.
We had a good time, only one problem though. All our newly discovered hot spots from last year cooled off. We thought that we'ld be banging them hard from day one, but. We caught them but it was hard. The smally action was good and the northerns were biting too. This year we tried a few new areas and sometimes they can be hard to find, especially when you push deep into Namakan. There are so many islands, and some of them are so big, that you think you're following the coast line, but you're not. Oh well, that's part of the fun. Exploring. Just wish I could stumble accross one of those gold mines.
We did a lot more sight seeing though too. Going to Kettle Falls or Ellsworth or anything like that is a day trip. The pontoon isn't all that fast, even with a forty. It was fun though.
We also humped out to Locator. That was bad news though. Got busted 10 minutes after we got there for not having life preservers. That's a story for another day.
We were all set to go up there to do some ice-fishing, but it sure doesn't look like it. The ice all melted or is to slushy to get out on, I guess. I went through the trouble of looking up pointers, but it seems all for naut.
I did run across a good new web site though. It's called "Reel Fishing Reports". They had a good article on ice fishing, (other ones to). I really haven't done that much ice fishing. Especially without a shelter of some kind. Call me old, but I like fishing in the warm weather and warm places better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the downgrade delivery of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=software remove master 5.0.1.2 2008 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the black methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home