Monday, May 22, 2006

Crayfish All Over the Joint

CRAYFISH HAZARD

The only problem we had fishing at the rocks were the crayfish. Those little basterds would grab your bait, pull it into the crevices, and you'ld be snagged. I must have gone through 20 hooks. Pat managed to catch a couple of them, so we threw them out where we thought they'd get picked off. I tried a 3 way rig with a split shot on the bottom and it worked better, but they still got me. This year I got about 20 floaters, so I hope that'll be the shit.

Another place I want to try is in Sullivan Bay above the mouth of the Ash River.All those houses have lanes cut in them so people can get their boats in and out. I can't believe that there aren't a couple of big boys waiting for the easy meat in there, especially early. Nobody ever wants to stop tho.

God I can't wait to get back up there again. Last year on the way back it seemed like it would never get here, but here we are 9 weeks to go and counting!!!!

Ya Baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home